On September 8, 2016 ISEPR Foundation and Rethinking Russia held the International Conference “State Duma 2016”. The event was devoted to the upcoming parliamentary elections in Russia, which will take place on September 18.
Among participants of the conference were prominent Russian and foreign political scientists and commentators. The agenda included the following issues:
- elections as an institution of forming and legitimizing political power;
- specifics of the current electoral campaign against the background of the increased openness and competitiveness;
- sociologic trends and public demand;
- Russian political system between the federal elections of 2011 and 2016;
- world practice of holding elections: what can Russia learn and which Russia’s practices could be useful to the foreign partners;
- September 18 elections in Russia: possible scenarios and results forecasting.
The work of the event was covered by leading Russian and foreign media. A book of conference’ speeches and reports will be published by the organizers in the upcoming days.